Physical Exam Clinics
The Vaccine Center and Travel Medicine Clinic can meet all of your physical examination needs. Our physicals are performed by Board Certified Physicians and Nurse Practitioners who can often perform a physical within the same day or next day of your request. We offer great pricing and service. We accept appointments, so there is usually minimal to no wait time. We have two convenient locations to service you. All of our locations are located in storefront clinics, so often you can park right in front of our clinic.
Types of Physicals
We provide both employment and pre-employment physical examinations. We can custom design a program that meets any employer’s needs. As part of our pre-employment physicals we can also do pre-employment drug testing, lab work and audiometric testing. We preform employment physicals for a wide array of industries. As part of our employment physical program.
Additionally, some companies offer an annual wellness physical as part of their benefits package. This annual physical can save your company significant amount of money on your employee health insurance by catching preventable diseases early and getting your employees involved in disease management if needed. We can provide your company with an array of health screening in disease management custom-made to your company’s needs. Talk to your insurance provider about how much money you can save by entering a wellness program with us.
We provide physicals for students at discounted pricing. Whether it is a high school physical, college physical or physical to participate in an allied health program. We can help.
In addition to your school physical we can provide you with all the other testing you might need such as TB skin testing, vaccinations, titers , drug screening or any other test your school may require.
Additionally, we waive all administrative fee and office fees for students. When you combine our student discount with the fact that we provide all your services in one location, we feel we are the best option for students. In addition, we keep electronic medical records, and with your consent, we can send your records directly to your school or email them to you.
How do students save MONEY with our services?
- We offer student discounts (with student ID)
- We waive the administrative/office fee for students. Other clinics can charge up to $25 administrative fee per visit. This can add $75 extra to a three shot series like the Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- We can review student’s vaccination records and offer ONLY the vaccines needed based on the schools requirements which can help save time and money.
- We can draw blood titers in house for vaccines you may already have had or been exposed to, as proof for you school. This can be a fraction of the cost of getting the vaccine again. We email you the titer results!!
- Our Titers prices are up to 50% lower than most labs.
- We can help students complete vaccines for clinical rotations or school deadlines by scheduling vaccines in a series in advance. We even send you an email reminder when your next vaccine is due!
- We keep Electronic Medical records and also input all vaccinations into the WebIZ Database, so you will have a permanent immunization record for the rest of you career.
We provide sports physicals for any high school or college sports, as well as for intramural activities and such thing as Boy Scout physicals.
We extend the same student discounts to sports physicals for high school and college students.
Our Board Certified Doctors and Nurse Practitioners perform sports physicals for:
- Mixed Martial Arts
- And Many More!
We can usually book same or next day appointments to accommodate you so that you can start your sports and activities without any delay. The pre-participating physical is used to ensure that the athlete is healthy and without any conditions that may affect the athlete’s ability to perform safely in the activity.
Our executive physicals are designed to match our patients needs. In addition to performing and extensive physical exam, we offer other preventive health screening tests. With consultation with our clinician we can provide you any appropriate blood testing, chest x-rays, CAT scans and screening ultrasounds of almost any part of the body.
Executive Health Programs are an efficient way to manage the health and reduce absenteeism for the busy executive. Our executive physicals are customized to your personal health needs. Our Board Certified Physicians and Nurse Practitioners can perform:
- A comprehensive medical history and physical exam
- Referrals to sub specialists as needed
- Age appropriate screening tests as needed (i.e. EKG, Mammography, Colonoscopy, Vascular Ultrasounds)
- A review and update of immunizations, including those needed for international travel
- A full report of your test results
DOT and Commercial Driver’s License Exams
Periodic medical exams are required by the Department of Transportation for all Commercial Drivers. This is to ensure the ability of the driver to safely operate a commercial vehicle.
The Vaccine Center performs DOT or CDL exams by Board Certified Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. We can usually accommodate same or next day appointments.
- We provide the medical examiner certificate and medical examiner form.
- Exam are performed to the standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
What to expect during you DOT exam?
- Please bring your driver’s license
- The medical form, Form 649-F (6045) will be provided by our office. You can also download the form on the following link: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/safetyprograms/medical-report.pdf
- A urinalysis will be performed to help screen for diseases such as diabetes or kidney disease.
- If you wear corrective lenses, please bring them with you for the examination as an eye exam will be performed.
- Your medical certificate will be issued provided no complicated medical issues exist.
Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment Physicals
Our Deployment physical exams are tailored to the needs of patients who work and travel internationally. The importance of a thorough medical exam prior to deployment is key to avoiding the risks and costs associated with medical care internationally. The Vaccine Center and Travel Medicine Clinic provides thorough Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment physicals, laboratory, and diagnostic testing that are age-appropriate and meet the needs of the deployment. We can assist military or government-contractors employing civilians in being compliant with Department of Defense (DOD) standards. We screen for the medical, psychological, and physical fitness requirements that must be met in order to be able to support Contingency Operations abroad.
The Post-Deployment physical exam is specifically tailored to screen patients returning from international travel for medical and psychological issues that are a risk for certain travelers and professions.
Pre-Deployment and Post-Deployment Physicals include:
- Medical History and Physical performed by a Board Certified Medical Doctor or Nurse Practitioner
- Complete Laboratory Testing Including: DNA Testing, Blood Type, G6PD
- Vision Screening
- Hearing Testing (Also known as Audiometric testing or Audiogram)
- Immunizations- We provide all vaccines available in the United States, including exotic vaccines such as Japanese Encephalitis, Yellow Fever, and Typhoid. We follow CDC guidelines for immunizations.
- TB Skin Testing
- One Step TB Test
- Two Step TB Test
- Drug and Alcohol Testing: We can perform Urine, Hair, and Blood Testing
- EKG, Spirometry (Pulmonary Function Testing), Chest X-Ray, and Sleep Study Testing Available
- Medications for Deployment such as Anti-Malaria, Traveler’s Diarrhea, Motion Sickness, and Jet Lag.
- Referrals to specialists or sub-specialists as needed
Annual Well-Being Physical Exam
Our annual well-being exam is designed to be age-appropriate and custom-made for our patients needs. In addition to our exam, we do age-appropriate health screenings such as colonoscopies, Pap smears, mammograms, biometric testing, and screening ultrasounds. Our biometric testing can be exhaustive and is designed for the patient’s needs. We can provide routine blood testing, including CBC, metabolic panel and lipid profile, as well as age and gender appropriate testing such as PSA and thyroid function testing. In addition, if you have any concerns based on family history you can speak to our clinician about how to best address those issues.
Our clinic has a designated Civil Surgeon authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services. By this designation, the Civil Surgeon is authorized to perform medical examination and give necessary immunizations for aliens applying for adjustment of status or Permanent Resident Status (Green Card). Individuals applying for citizenship, seeking Permanent Residency or a Green Card may be required to obtain an immigration physical prior to approval of their application.
we offer Immigration Physicals to help you with all aspects of the medical exam according to the US Department of Health and Human Services’ regulations. We will help you complete all the requirements of Form I-693.
- Medical Examination by a Certified Civil Surgeon
- Completion of USCIS Required Immunizations (all vaccines are available in our office for your convenience)
- Required blood work
- Tuberculosis skin testing (required for 2 years & older)
- Completion of Form I-693
- Sealed envelope containing form I-693 with other pertinent medical results
In addition to our physical exams, The Vaccine Center can provide many other services you may need at the same visit. In addition to receiving quality health care you can have laboratory testing performed right in our office. Our providers can also provide vaccinations that may be needed for personal health, travel, work, or school. Diagnostic testing is available to accompany your physical if needed. The Board Certified Clinician can provide referral to a wide range of specialists as needed including primary care, gastroenterology, cardiology, pulmonary, and many others.
The Vaccine Center and Travel Medicine Clinic can do laboratory testing and diagnostic testing for your physical such as :
- Laboratory Testing
- Ultrasound Services
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiac Stress Testing
- Chest X-Rays
- Audiometric (Hearing) Testing
- Vision Screening